80's Bianchi Strada - how good were they?

dirttorpedo

Senior Retro Guru
When I was in my 20's I owned a Norco Monteray SL. Road it everywhere. Then I got into mountain biking and the Norco languished. Every once in a while I'd pine for that old steel road bike - it was so comfortable and fun to ride. I also have some friends who ride road bikes. But I wanted to get something that was steel from the 80's or early 90's that was a bit higher quality than the Norco.

Anyhow, I saw a Bianchi Strada on Craigslist this week. It's my size. The price is in my budget. But I'm wondering what quality/style of bike it is. From the photos is seems to have eyelets for racks or fenders which makes me think its not a pure racing bike.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I think the strada was at the lower end of the bianchi line up. How much is it?

Mine is lovely to ride now - and is similarly a budget bianchi. Mine still has quite a few of the original bits - steel seat post, wheels aren't anything special etc etc and it weighs in at 11kg - so not bad really.

gregs656":39a98tuh said:
I think the strada was at the lower end of the bianchi line up. How much is it?

Mine is lovely to ride now - and is similarly a budget bianchi. Mine still has quite a few of the original bits - steel seat post, wheels aren't anything special etc etc and it weighs in at 11kg - so not bad really.

Fellow is asking $220 for it. Hard to tell in the pics, but it looks pretty well used - some rust on the front derailure.

He says he's open to trades so I'm going to try that tactic if I get a response from him. I can't believe what people are asking for old road bikes these days - this hipster fixie trend has really driven up the price of old bikes.

edited to add that the bike is white. Suntour componenets - don't recognize them - but they look late 80's vintage based on the style.

Back