What are the value of these track forks?

sawston_vulcan

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is this the right place for this thread?

How much are these track forks worth. I think they are 531 but not a clue as to the frame builder been told the crown might be a 'Pacenti Paris Brest crown' but cannot confirm that. There are no dings or dents and no rust but there are two stone chips marks. the forks are drilled for a brake and as you can see some of the paint has worn away in that area. It takes shallow drop brakes. For 700c wheels with 100mm spacing. The fork legs are round....think that covers everything of significance.

The steerer is c180mm and the steerer is threaded but don't know how much threading is on the steerer. The steerer is 1''

7179506555_0e6ee511af_c_d.jpg

So any idea as to its worth?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I don't think that they sold for that either LOL

That frame, possible original sloping crown forks, Carlton lugs is a bit of an enduring mystery LOL

The track forks on show look modern as the rake is quite shallow but the clearance is just a bit too much.. so where are the mudguard eyes if they were for road use LOL

Personally I'd keep them :)

Shaun

Midlife":my18fk9j said:
I don't think that they sold for that either LOL

That frame, possible original sloping crown forks, Carlton lugs is a bit of an enduring mystery LOL

The track forks on show look modern as the rake is quite shallow but the clearance is just a bit too much.. so where are the mudguard eyes if they were for road use LOL

Personally I'd keep them :)

Shaun

Ideally i would like chrome forks.....but missed out on some decent ones on ebay......and now wondering if its worth the effort and might do as you suggest and perhaps wait till the winter and get the forks chromed.....what do you think of that as an idea? But the perhaps there is too much clearance and it looks wrong????

Again you are right about the forks.....quite a gap between the forks and the tyre..but no sign of any mudguard eyes plus the fork blades are round...so odd...but that is in keeping with the frame....which also remains a mystery....the previous sloping crown forks were also in my opinion not original.....but that is a guess.

Back