Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:45 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 am 
Retro Guru

Ethel married Bernard Thompson the photographer. They lived near Maidenhead which is where I got to know them. She made super bread and cakes! Wednesday evening was an open house for local riders, especially the Hounslow & District which (I think) Bernard was a member of.[/quote][/quote]

And me! I used to go there when I lived in High Wycombe around '68/69. It was a nice ride over there especially in the off-season. Yes, Ethel's fruit cake and the thick chunks of bread and honey. Lovely!

BTW, the house is still called 'Snapper'. A nod to Bernard's photographic genius I presume.[/quote]

Old Ned did you know Paddy/Pat Frier from those times

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:51 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

jm wrote:
Ethel married Bernard Thompson the photographer. They lived near Maidenhead which is where I got to know them. She made super bread and cakes! Wednesday evening was an open house for local riders, especially the Hounslow & District which (I think) Bernard was a member of.
[/quote]

And me! I used to go there when I lived in High Wycombe around '68/69. It was a nice ride over there especially in the off-season. Yes, Ethel's fruit cake and the thick chunks of bread and honey. Lovely!

BTW, the house is still called 'Snapper'. A nod to Bernard's photographic genius I presume.[/quote]

Old Ned did you know Paddy/Pat Frier from those times[/quote]

I certainly did. Last time I saw him was when I went to Ghent with him and Pat Adams to see Het Volk around '92 ish. I think he had moved to the West Country by then?

Edit - BTW, I think his name was spelled 'Fryer'.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 pm 

I remember seeing two matching tangerine coloured Cliff Peters bikes at the Worcester St John's road race around 1958/9. I'd never seen a finish like it. It almost seemed as though they were chrome plated with a transparent lacquer over them. Probably one of the most amazing paint jobs I've ever seen.