Chinese Carbon

Y O Y

Dirt Disciple
Looking to buy a carbon raod frame direct from China: 'Hongfu' seem to get good reports.
Has anyone any advice/ experience especially in regard to quality and UK import duties ?

Y O Y":1fodb9fj said:
Looking to buy a carbon raod frame direct from China: 'Hongfu' seem to get good reports.
Has anyone any advice/ experience especially in regard to quality and UK import duties ?

I've had one and built up at least 8 for mates of mine, I know some people have had a few quality control issues but I haven't had any problems with mine or any that I've built up :cool:

The oldest one is the first one I had so is over 4 years old now and been passed around various people in the club and is still going strong with no problems.

I've never paid duty on any of the frames I've imported and I know a few other people who have bought them and none of them has ever paid duty either.

I do know of an unused one for sale which has a top tube of about 53/54cm centre to centre if thats any good to you ;)

Very interested if the carbon weave is visible, ie. unpainted. thank you.

Needs to be around 56/58 CM centre BB to where seat post exits frame.

Actually that might be OK: I get the impression that frames are getting smaller and seatposts longer ? I am 6' 1".

I have one from fly xii.

At the time it was a bargain direct from china, however now it is not worth it as you can buy a full carbon frame from ribble with full UK based warranty and support if the worst happens.

Just £230: http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-t ... IBBFRAR930

Also just after Xmas Planet x were knocking out their pro carbon frames for under £250. I'd rather buy from an established uk name, purely in case it breaks and needs to go back!

Saying that my fly xii has no cause for concern at all.

The prices you quoted above don't include forks, headset or seatclamp but your right they aren't quite the bargain they used to be.

They are still about £100 cheaper than anything branded you can buy in the U.K though ;) I've never paid more than £200 posted to the U.K for frame/fork/headset/seatclamp and a spare mech hanger so their still quite cheap

Back