Peugeot Aneto Help

lincolnwho

Dirt Disciple
I know nothing and a searchb hasnt really produced any thing ?

Just bought one and from the pics it look awesome but havent collected it yet and would love to build a fact file on it.

Peugeot Aneto

A very wise purchase if I may say so! There were two bikes with this name, well, one was a very nice 531 Pro framset in graphite grey with chrome forks (circa 1986/7 I think)...

P5090007.jpg

...the other was a more mid range 501 bike with slightly more upmarket Weinmann/Sachs equipment including the famous (and rather unsuccessful) forerunner to the cassette freehub - the Sachs/Maillard Helicomatic hub. The 501 frame is better than most in that its not just the main tubes that are Reynolds, but the stays and forkblades too - very nice.

Aneto501.jpg

PS Aneto is the name of the highest peak in the Pyrenees (mountain peaks were popular names for Pug bikes of that era - e.g. Perthus, Aravis, Tourmalet etc etc etc).

Thank you thats awesome and mines the second one on the pictures so well chuffed.

Though you say its mid range , lol that most likely suits my standard.

infact that brochure scan is brilliant thank you and thank you for the insight.
Really Looking forward to riding it now , pick it up friday but may have to wait for my Brithday to ride : (

But still it will make it more enjoyable when I do

Looking at that pic to the seller still has the origanal seat which he replaced with a newer one.
May try and clean it up and refit to keep it as origanal as poss.

I also assumed that the black alloys it had on where non genuine but it looks like they were , well chuffed

Also will taht Huib thingy cause me any issues? Youve got me scared now?

Are parts still available , I really like to kepe them as origanal as I can

bottle opener lol :shock: :D does that end of it work I wonder or is it the other side??

For gear removal lol Im sure that one side is brill for opening bottles

oh dear :cry: sheldons not to polite about my rear hun there ah well better try to fing one of those toll thingies on ebay may have to get used to using it

BOTH SIDES ;) :twisted:

just done a quick ebay , looks like i will be all right tools and lock rings are available , hope this inof is usefull to others to

Again cheers for the info guys most helpfull, any thing else would be awesome.

Back