What is it with Colnago bikes !

Ian Raleigh

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
A friend of my is always looking for a 80's 23inch/23.5inch Colnago road bike but never see's any in this size and the norm is usually no more than 22inch !

Why on earth is this ? Didn't the Italians ever eat their 'Greens' ;) or are all 23/23.5inch bikes hidden in sheds :roll:

there was alovely 23" colnago about 6 weeks ago near me on evilbay
it was columbus tubed full dura ace and feckin lovely looking and hardly used it only went for about 475.00

Ian Raleigh":3kc2ulwq said:
A friend of my is always looking for a 80's 23inch/23.5inch Colnago road bike but never see's any in this size and the norm is usually no more than 22inch !

Why on earth is this ? Didn't the Italians ever eat their 'Greens' ;) or are all 23/23.5inch bikes hidden in sheds :roll:

The French seem to have a similar height/inside leg problem - I ride 175mm cranks, but whenever Sachs New Success or Mavic "starfish" chainsets come up on eBay they're always 172.5mm tops. Not much of a difference I know, but it would be nice to stick with 175s if I did do a swap (in more recent times TA and Stronglight seem to have been more generous to tall people).

David

Worth trying US eBay as it's true the size range in Europe can be limited. There seem to be a few big Merckxs on eBay at the moment if your mate gets tired of his Colnago ambition and wants a classy alternative.

Latest posts

Back