olagnero info required. please help.

scotchydoodle

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks, mad moment on ebay the other night and bought an Olagnero road bike circa 1992 (computers should have a breathalizer fitted). Haven't yet took deliver of said bike and I've been trying to find out something about Olagnero bikes but haven't found much apart from the odd BotM. Any info would be nice and help be get a picture of what I'm about to recieve.
thanks.

Mine looks similar, red frame made with columbus aelle tubing and shimano groupset. It's definatley italian but don't know anything else, I'd never heard of them before now.

I think Columbus Aelle tubing is similar to Reynolds 501 but not 100% sure !

I too have never heard of Olagnero until i read your post, this makes your bike very interesting.

olagnero update

Well, took delivery of my ebaytatstic olagnero through the week and was a little dissapointed with the condition but that's what happens when you buy something unseen on a whim. It's a nice bike that's just not been looked after. Everything is easily sorted except the frame. I can get it painted no problem but the fork crown and chainstay are chromed and heavily pitted and a bit rusty. Need to also find a supplier of stickers.
quite a bit of work to do now, it was going to be a quick clean up and on the road within a few days, a bit like our triumph dolomite that went into my garage last june for a quick running restoration and is now getting a full restoration.

Back