Bianchi Info (pics)

ringo

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Had this kicking around the cave for a while.. Today i decided to strip it and give it a clean.

So I can get the build right, what sort of era are we looking at?

I know it's nothing special but it does have a certain charm. The serial number is six digit and is stamped in 8mm high numbers on the top of the head tube. Bianchi is stamped on the rear dropouts and the lugs aren't quite bog basic...

One of the decals says Sprint Lusso, but I suppose that could have been added..

Any info gratefully received. I Paid bugger all for it so won't be offended if it turns out to be the lowest of the low!

20120605_181954.jpg

20120605_182009.jpg

20120605_181947.jpg

20120605_182001.jpg

20120605_182025.jpg

ringo":38a46g80 said:
Had this kicking around the cave for a while.. Today i decided to strip it and give it a clean.

So I can get the build right, what sort of era are we looking at?

I know it's nothing special but it does have a certain charm. The serial number is six digit and is stamped in 8mm high numbers on the top of the head tube. Bianchi is stamped on the rear dropouts and the lugs aren't quite bog basic...

One of the decals says Sprint Lusso, but I suppose that could have been added..

Any info gratefully received. I Paid bugger all for it so won't be offended if it turns out to be the lowest of the low!

1-20 tubing from what i remember is low to mid bianchi material its hiten i think, still make a nice winter bike or town bike. Only problem is the bianchi name makes it a bit of a target for bike scroats, depends where you live of course.

Looks nice all the same!

It was a plain gauge chromolly tubeset I believe - not bad...similar to Columbus Aelle. It looks early 80's period.

Whatever it's made of and whatever kit goes on it, it's going to look FANTASTIC in that colour!

;) I understand you may have the basis for a great, well built wheelset, that will certainly help it.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures as it gets built up, I really like these build threads.

Good luck.

Some Guy":qj99k81y said:
Whatever it's made of and whatever kit goes on it, it's going to look FANTASTIC in that colour!.

That is the ONLY TRUE COLOUR for a Bianchi!!

All these modern Red, Black etc. ones can't compare.

Bianchi Blue (Celeste) is meant to have been copied from the eyes of an Italian Princess.

Bit of a marmite colour really, either love it or hate it. I'm keeping quiet LOL

Shaun

Midlife":eomuowp2 said:
Bianchi Blue (Celeste) is meant to have been copied from the eyes of an Italian Princess.
Or the colour of the Milan sky, or my favourite - a mixture of old army surplus paint!

Looks like Cinelli xa stem and criterium bars.
If they were on it originally, then i'd agree with "otherself" and say some time in the 80's.

They were the bar & stem I was desperately saving up for as a teenager :D

Back