Help with bike sizing...

steven

Retro Newbie
Can anyone offer a little help with bike sizing... I have an early 80's Raleigh Road Ace I'm thinking of selling and want to size it accurately before I place an advert.

As usual, lots of conflicting information on the internet as to the accepted method!

Many thanks...

steven":7id6sjh3 said:
Can anyone offer a little help with bike sizing... I have an early 80's Raleigh Road Ace I'm thinking of selling and want to size it accurately before I place an advert.

As usual, lots of conflicting information on the internet as to the accepted method!

Many thanks...

If no one can decide then just measure centre to top of seat tube.
or Centre to centre of the top tube.
or I know some people like to measure centre to top of the top tube.
and quote how you measure. Shouldn't be too hard for them to add a cm or so from a picture to make it their preferred measurement.
and as for the rest, just measure and quote how you measured it.

steven":2u7vsdpq said:

Many thanks...

No conflict.

If it is an early 1980s frame then it would have been measured in inches, and from centre to centre when it was new and featured in the contemporary Raleigh catalogue.

That's bottom bracket axle to centre of top tube measured along, parallel with, the seat tube.

No argument.

Roadking.

Latest posts

Back