The 2012 Classic Bike Show June 16th

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
Just posted this in Events etc. but as it is road and track specific thought I'd add it here as well. You can't have to much publicity ;)

The annual Bygone Bykes Club Classic Bike Show is being held on Saturday 16th June at a new venue in Sheffield -

St Mary's Church
Bramall Lane
Sheffield
S2 4QZ

The usual large display of retro road and track machines, parts, jerseys, memorabilia etc. etc. All visitors are welcome with or without items for display.

Open for visitors from 10.00am but arrange with the organiser below if you are bringing items for display etc.

Further details are available from Mark Hudson on 07595 666370.

So - is anyone coming?

Distinct lack of response especially from the Sheffield contingent ;)

daccordimark":3u49tw9f said:
I'm a bit low on brownie points but it could be combined with a visit to my mother-in-law so you never know.

Mark.

Hmm, I like the Classic Bike Show and I like my M-in-Law - but which is best............................. ;)

I know which one I would go to - if it was MY M-in-Law :twisted:

Hmm, thinking about it that's the day before Father's day so I will be expected to stay at home on the Sunday. As compensation for missing the clubrun I might be allowed to go down to Sheffield on the Saturday! I could get a nice ride in over Strines or somewhere else interesting and then visit the show. Will you be on duty there or just a regular visitor?

Mark.

daccordimark":papb54ca said:
Hmm, thinking about it that's the day before Father's day so I will be expected to stay at home on the Sunday. As compensation for missing the clubrun I might be allowed to go down to Sheffield on the Saturday! I could get a nice ride in over Strines or somewhere else interesting and then visit the show. Will you be on duty there or just a regular visitor?

Mark.

I'll be there in my official capacity as Chairman of Bygone Bykes (Yorkshire) Club! So I suppose you could say I'll be on duty. Not that the position is particularly onerous or anything ;)

I'll be taking a couple of bikes and some memorabilia, jerseys etc.

BTW - is there such a thing as a NICE ride over the Strines? Even worse than Nik O'Pendle (times 4!!) :shock:

Old Ned":3eq2qpl5 said:
daccordimark":3eq2qpl5 said:

Mark.

I'll be there in my official capacity as Chairman of Bygone Bykes (Yorkshire) Club! So I suppose you could say I'll be on duty. Not that the position is particularly onerous or anything ;)

I'll be taking a couple of bikes and some memorabilia, jerseys etc.

BTW - is there such a thing as a NICE ride over the Strines? Even worse than Nik O'Pendle (times 4!!) :shock:

This is where my blissful ignorance comes to the fore. I've heard the Strines is a bit of a challenge but don't know if it's one hill or many or even whether it's hellish steep or what. I missed the clubrun over there a couple of weekends back so I thought it would be nice to kill two birds with one stone. Weather and family permitting I'll dust off the Daccordi and scoot on down.

Mark.

There are 4 'challenging' climbs that drop in and out of the 'strines' (little valleys with streams at the bottom). All steep and the road is narrow and the surface in places a bit dodgy. Last time I rode it would have been about 25 years ago and I walked quite a bit even then.

Been over in the car several times a year, it's a favourite drive for Mrs Ned and me over to Ladybower and Hope Valley, and at least one of the corners can be bottom gear especially when coming from the other end (to us that is!).

Old Ned":xmspppgc said:
BTW - is there such a thing as a NICE ride over the Strines?

Based on memories of when I lived in Sheffield.....no. The drag up the A57 from Rivelin Valley Post Office through Hollow Meadows seemed to take an eternity! Soul-destroying stuff.

Although after that I always enjoyed the climb up through Hathersage and Fox House, then a cracking descent back into town pretty much all the way to Endcliffe Park. :)

The alternative loop home from Strines was usually good fun too (Low Bradfield, Loxley, etc.), provided you went out at the right time of day and didn't hit a traffic jam at Malin Bridge.

David

I'll be there - I'm over seeing my brother and parents that weekend so that's a beautifully synergistic (real word??) piece of timing...

Back