New Project: Peugeot PR 10

72tunaboat

Dirt Disciple
I found this on CL last night, just the frame/ fork/ headset. From what I've read, it's about a 75 or 76 model. I didnt need another project right now, but I kinda like green, and never had a green bike.

I have some wheels and brakes in my garage, that'l work OK on this, but I am going to be shopping for a bunch of junk for this build. Overall, it's in pretty decent shape for how old it is. Plenty of scratches, but it should polish up good.

Any input or suggestions are welcome.

IMG_7404.jpg

IMG_7406.jpg

IMG_7408.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

IMG_7411.jpg

Gorgeous colour, absolutely stunning and I go weak at the knees for chrome tipped forks. Even the head tube badge is awesome.

Looks to be my size too...

Do you know about the seatpost thing? My '89 has a 24mm and trawling the net I've found reference to a similarly rare 25.something.

However I was talking to a local spanner-jock about it and he recently had a Pug of similar vintage to yours with a "normal" seat tube, so who knows?

The seatpost measures 26.65mm, and came with the frame. I think it's original to the bike. I'll try to find a decent aluminum replacement.

I've had this set of Model 61 brakes and rack for about a year. I'm planning on using them on this bike.

IMG_5936.jpg

I've been sitting on these Normandy hubs(mounted on Mavic Tubular rims) for a long time. I don't have any experience with Tubulars. However, I'll get some new spokes and rebuild these wheels.

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5955.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

So, I've been watching the auctions and Craigslist for some of the parts to build this with.

Today, I did one better. I now have a donor bike. It doesn't have everything I need, but it's a good start. It's too bad the donor isn't a 63cm frame..

IMG_7423.jpg

Lovely

That looks lovely :cool:
That colour looks really cool and the condition is spotless.
That brake and rack will suite it perfectly.
Now you have the donor bike I would imagine the next update will be coming along pretty quickly ;)
Keep em coming
Jamie

Thanks for all ofthe compliments on the frame.

I have a question: What are my Rear derailleur options for this non threaded rear dropout?

I know of:

Simplex SLJ5000 & 5500
Plastic Simplex(not going there)
SX610 & 630

Is there any other option, without having to butcher the hanger?

Back