Buying a Gios Frame.

shawnryan":3mq1sly1 said:
Does anyone know an inporter of Gios frames from Italy. I would like http://www.giostorino.it/telai/gios-paris-roubaix-1977 but can't find one in the UK.
Do I have to go to the shop in Milano?

Have you tried Race Scene in Barnsley (01226 292111)? That model's not listed on their website but they may be able to help in getting one for you to special order. Just an idea, anyway - let us know how you get on (I followed the link BTW, the Super Record Strada also looks a nice bit of kit).

David

Racescene

I believe Racescene still sell Gios in the UK. They were the importers for a long while, maybe still are but they dont have much on site anymore.
racescene.co.uk should get you a phone number.

Jamie

Interested to hear how you get on with this. According to their website, they were only going to make 35 of these at most, with only two left now, but I think that information has been on their website for quite a while now.

When I spoke to them at L'Eroica they appeared to be quite happy to sell direct - I would just contact them and ask if they'd ship a frame to the UK?

GIOS Will only sell the Roubiax '77 replica in Italy.

I have one. Had to go to the shop just outside Turin to pick it up.

Given the cost of the frame, the cost of flying over there is next to nothing. Turin is a lovely city, and the visit to the GIOS shop was a real pleasure, I met Marco, and his dad Alfredo who built the frame.

If you get the opportunity to do this, you should.

Hope to start building up the frame soon, if collecting Super Record components doesn't bankrupt me, and will post pictures of the build on here.

Back