Going the super glue way you don't want to over fill the cut with loads of glue as super glue will set hard and not flex and will eventually crack.
This is how i glue any cuts
1. Deflate the tyre.
2. Thoroughly clean the cut with thinners or white spirit.
3. Allow to completely dry, use an hair-drier if you want to.
4. Get a wood tooth-pick.
5. Pinch the tyre to open up the cut.
6. Dip your tooth-pick in the super glue [not too much]
7. Dabble the tip of the tooth-pick into the cut.
8. Remove tooth-pick *very quickly* if you don't the glue will bond the stick and the rubber together.
9. Close the cut up *quickly* by pinching the sides of the tyre and pushing down on the tread, hold until set. [maybe 20 seconds]
10. Any excess which comes out the cut, just leave it alone ! If you try to rub it off your skin will bond with the rubber within a second or so
REMEMBER ONLY USE HIGH QUALITY 'LOCTITE' SUPER GLUE -NOT THAT CHEAP POUND STUFF
I hate RED DWARF