Falcon Decals - need accurate pics for reproduction

SuperSid

Old School Hero
Hello, I'm currently in the process of renovating a Chrome-moly framed Falcon frame from around 1979.
I found some pics of exactly the same frame and forks on google:

I've found most of the decals I require, from H Lloyd Cycles and Cyclomondo:

Unfortunately, I can't find the Golden Falcon graphic which is positioned above and below the vertical Falcon text on the seat tube (see attached image):

If you own a late 70s, early 80s Falcon, PLEASE HELP!!!!

I need some accurate photos so that I can trace around them in Photoshop and create a precise image file which can be printed by professional printers and made available for sale.

Even better, if someone has a steady hand and a lot of patience, maybe they could tape some tracing paper to their bike frame seat tube, trace the Falcon details with a fine pencil then scan it. Including some dimensions would avoid errors.

If you take photos, try to take the tube curvature into account, taking 3 photos at different angles, looking straight onto the left wing, centre and tail sections would make it easier to reconstruct , measurements would help in this case too.

Saving the image as a Jpeg is perfect although Photoshop reads most image file formats.

Thank you in advance! It would be great if we could make thhis happen!

Attachments

• Golden seat tube falcon.jpg
    Golden seat tube falcon.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,143
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
AFAIK the falcon was part of the main decal......

I've got a mid 70's Falcon San-Remo and it has decals showing the british flag but no seat tube decals...

Any pics of your bike ?

Shaun

The first link in my second post is how the frame looked when I bought it (used). It has been resprayed blue then fluorescent orange since then, this time it will be powder coated silver.
I've been searching the internet for any images of Falcons, it seems that when the vertical Falcon writing first appeared (mid 70s?) There were no birds included. See images.

Another Falcon decal that isn't available to buy is a 50% sized Falcon logo that was fitted on the front half of the top tube like the red bike in the image below.

Attachments

• Falcon racer.jpg
    Falcon racer.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 3,118
  • debbie (8).jpg
    debbie (8).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 3,118
GOOD NEWS!!!
I just contacted H Lloyd Cycles and they do have the seat tube Falcon logo with the birds, it just hasn't been added to his website product list yet.

Back