Classic Raleigh Racer

jamie2483

Retro Newbie
Bought the bike a month ago and have been loving it. In great condition considering its age (1987~?)

679121d27b3c11e1b9f1123138140926_7.jpg

Am currently looking to replace the hood covers on the brakes. Shimano 600's. Anyone know anywhere i could purchase them. I'm under the impression that they're going to be pretty hard to find.

WIll post some more pictures of it tomorrow!

I remember them from school. I would say its probably pre 87 as that's when I got my Flyer and I am sure this is the bike the kids a couple of years older had. Not basing this on any actual bike knowledge as I have none, just what I remember seeing in the bike sheds (that is related to bikes).

Very nice! 1984-85 is my best guess, can't see the tubing transfer but given the smart seat cluster it must be a bona fide 531c/753 job from Ilkeston.

David

Ah lovely, nice to see a few team panasonics surfacing! I have two complete bikes and two frames, check out the Readers road bikes section as both are in there. One is an '84 and has 600EX too.

If you look under the bottom bracket the figures will tell you the build date, even down to the month ;)

RaleighSerialNumbers.jpg

Latest posts

Back