How to Stretch the Truth ????

orbeas

Retro Guru
Having seen many claims about 'Team Bikes' for sale on here and E-Bay
This one is one of the worst I have seen...
It is nothing like a Mercatone Uno/Marco Pantani team bike , and is just an old Bianchi frame with Campag bits.
If it gets sold makes mine worth £10K !!!!!!!!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARCO-PANTANI ... 20c4d08bd0.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
that's the way it was trendy to close the QR way back in the early 70's, on the other side of the forks though :)

Shaun

i don't know alot about Bianchi, but someone suggested to me a while back that Bianchi are the Raleigh of Italy, is this true? but what i wonder about is the handmade in italy tag and the rear mech drop out that looks very taiwan.

it's defo not worth that money, the seller is mental to think it is, at the end of the day it's a replica of a bike of someone who was famous but not that acurate a build.

spec wise though, 11-21 cassette with a long rear mech? :roll:

and also jibbering on about pantani and showing a pic of him on a bike showing how small he is and then the bike is sized for a giant! :roll:

Bianchi were a bit like Raleigh.........think of the difference between an Olympus and the frames that carried Knetterman, Raas, etc.

Shaun

It's quite remarkable to find an EV2 frame of the era still in 1-piece - they were notorious for simply falling apart and it nearly killed Bianchi. Because of Pantani's victory, demand went up whilst quality went south..

Bianchi

monty dog":3lleoxo8 said:
It's quite remarkable to find an EV2 frame of the era still in 1-piece - they were notorious for simply falling apart and it nearly killed Bianchi. Because of Pantani's victory, demand went up whilst quality went south..

the later EV2 with the built in headset is a lot better than the earlier one which tended to snap the down tube, have to say that the tubing is very thin in the middle of the top tube and down tube !!

Back