Barron handmade road bikes

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
as above, just recieved a beautiful bike from a colleague. ive never heard of them so wundered if anyone has any info.

i believe he used to race donkeys years ago but crashed and burst his ear drum forcing him into early retirement ( and out of the building trade, hence my link .....kinda). he started making framesets and the rest was history.

any more info, pics etc would be great. gonna take some pics as it is now and update as the cleaning etc takes place.

the one i now have was a friend at works dads, hes passed away and was gonna skip it unless anyone could find a use!!!! so ive got it and gonna either make it more suitable for me to ride .........or something else?lol

ta, chris

i knew some one who had a 753 Barron frame so they must be ok....what is yours made from?....Golden rule...without pics....it does not exist!

Well known and respected frame builder in the Lincs area under his own name and - I think - he built for shops etc. I also think I remember him racing (cyclo cross especially?). Wasn't there another related thread recently?

pics are on my photobucket now, will post pics later, found out some more info as well :D

think he or the family still run a shop near Saxilby, lincoln. Its off the A57 as you approach Lincoln from the west. Ridden past it a few times on a sunday and it looks like the old skool Aladdins cave type bikeshop.

yup, runs out of stow, near saxilby. the late owner of the bike and his son refer to barry or bill barron, so i think the family has passed stuff down perhaps, i will pop n see them when i get a spare afternoon. may have records etc :D

anyhow, heres the bike. mix of campag and shimano and really really well looked after. paint is not the prettiest but john was a joiner lol, so ill let him off with that.

IMAG1014.jpg

IMAG1015.jpg

IMAG1017.jpg

IMAG1018.jpg

i think this is cool as fek!! :cool:

IMAG1019.jpg

IMAG1020.jpg

IMAG1028.jpg

IMAG1027.jpg

IMAG1026.jpg

IMAG1022.jpg

IMAG1021.jpg

IMAG1024.jpg

IMAG1025.jpg

IMAG1031.jpg

tips pint to J,A.Marris. RIP chief
IMAG1030.jpg

Now I think about it, there was a Steve Barron who was a CX rider from Lincoln Wheelers, definitely around in the 80's and possibly later.

Yours is a CX bike - and I think that Steve (?) Marshall might have ridden one when he became Junior World Champion in '85 (?)

Back