Daccordi Turbo Project

Gracie

Retro Guru
Well after some nice trouble free mid 90s Bianchi Veloce ownership I have have thrown simplicity away and embarked on a new project having sold the Bianchi.

A bit wiser, just a bit though and having a much better idea of the type of bikes I like (Italian from the 80s & 90s) and I have come up with this via a bit of Ebay poaching. Sorry!

Daccordi%20Ebay%20picture.png

A Daccordi Turbo of an unknown year, so far, anywhere between 87 & 92 is my estimate. The paintwork is quite something and brings back lots of nostalgic memories of the 1980s styles before everything went Pastel in the 90s.

The bike may look a little familiar to some of you as it has been through the threads of this very forum in a different guise http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159839&highlight=

It is the very same frame with a few tweaks from my seller who bought it from the previous owner via Ebay in early September 2011. Love a bit of detective work!

Now this is maybe where I am bit of a gambler but I haven't actually seen the bike, but that is a lot of the fun for me and at £215 here is what I am told I am getting:

1980's DACCORDI ROAD BIKE

22 1/4" CENTRE TO TOP SEAT TUBE

21 3/4" CENTRE TO CENTRE TOP TUBE

NICKEL PLATED FRAME AND SPRAYED OVER IN TYPICAL 80's COLOURS

COLUMBUS ACCIAIO SPECIALE TUBING - TOP TUBE HAS CRIMPED CLOVERLEAF STYLE TUBING SIMILAR TO COLNAGO

SEAT AND DOWN TUBES ARE OVAL SHAPE

STRAIGHT REYNOLDS 531 FORKS

SHIMANO DEORE HEADSET

U S E SEATPOST

MICHE HUBS WITH CAMPAGNOLO LAMBDA RIMS

CAMPAGNOLO CHORUS DUAL PIVOT BRAKES

CAMPAGNOLO REAR MECH

CAMPAGNOLO RECORD FRONT MECH

CAMPAGNOLO CHAINSET

SHIMANO 105 AERO BRAKE LEVERS

SHIMANO DOWNTUBE SHIFTERS (included in sale are 7 speed Campagnolo shifters but I haven't been able to get them working properly but all parts are there)

CINELLI 64/42 HANDLEBARS AND CINELLI 110mm REACH STEM

MKS SYLVAN PEDALS WITH NEW TOECLIPS AND STRAPS

So even if it turns out to be a bit of a dud I should recoup my money and have a story to tell....

However I think I am good on this one though as my internet trawls and help from Coggav & the aptly named DaccordiMark have uncovered that this frame is is Nickel plated and either Columbus SL or SLX so she should be pretty light and nimble and under any superficial paintwork damage all will be sound.

I am collecting it tomorrow evening and will grab some better pictures of how she stands and explain my thoughts and plans here for you.

Midlife":2pe5jd6o said:
215 quid seems like an absolute bargain to me :D

Shaun

Cheers Shaun, I was very happy with the price and is less than I got for my Bianchi frame and forks, leaving me a full Campagnolo Veloce gruppo in very good condition and a lovely Wheelset both to use or to move on, so have a bit of financial wiggle room to get this bike looking how I want to.

Just have that great feeling of getting a new toy, just like a kid at Christmas :)

Midlife":1wbau3l3 said:
215 quid seems like an absolute bargain to me :D

Shaun

This!

IMHO it would look much better with chrome forks on it, to round off the 80s aesthetic.

grilla":saoxo7uo said:
This!

IMHO it would look much better with chrome forks on it, to round off the 80s aesthetic.

Agreed! Do you have one????

There is a Columbus one available on Ebay but I will be putting out a wanted appeal here and on LFGSS

Gracie":11xkzvbl said:
grilla":11xkzvbl said:
This!

Agreed! Do you have one????

There is a Columbus one available on Ebay but I will be putting out a wanted appeal here and on LFGSS

Unfortunately not I'm afraid. They do come up quite often though, so I'm sure it wont be too long... I can't wait to see what happens with this build

Cheers!

I have made a couple of purchases already to set her on her way including some rather special bar tape ;)

Gracie":17jkjjvs said:
Cheers!

I have made a couple of purchases already to set her on her way including some rather special bar tape ;)

Surely the red/white fade tape over on lfgss?!

If you are putting chrome forks on can I make a polite request for a nice gentle raked fork and not a straight set :)

It's the 70's in me coming through LOL

Shaun

Back