Campagnolo Chorus C010-SM (1988-1991) rear mech instructions

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've just got hold of one of these (as seen in the pic below from velobase), and need an exploded diagram, tech sheet, instructions, or whatever documentation I can get hold of please!

Thanks, Andy

Attachments

• 06E8D262-E26C-4AFA-869C-687868CC3295.jpeg
    06E8D262-E26C-4AFA-869C-687868CC3295.jpeg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,091
I've got one of these stashed away in my drawer. Never been sure how the ability to rotate the body to enable the use of larger sprockets works. Not that I've actually taken an allen key to it yet!

Some instructions would be useful - and interesting.

Rotating the body means that when the top jockey will move down at a different angle as it moves in towards the centre of the hub (towards a larger sprocket), since the pivot in the parallelogram will be angled differently. with a larger rear sprocket, the top jockey needs to move down more than with a smaller one.

The problem I have is that when I got mine, the cage was slightly loose on the main body, and I took it off to have a look :D I've tried putting it back together, but Im having trouble getting the bolt to engage in the threads on the cage plate...

So I want to check that I have all the right pieces and that I'm doing it correctly before I put it back together again! I also need at least one new jockey and screw, and preferably both (but those are easier to fix!)

Just been looking at the entry in Velobase -

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=20

It appears that it will take up to a 32t sprocket with the body rotated - so could be a contender for use if I ride the Pendle Witches event again!!

I hadn't realised that there are 2 markings, A and B, on the body. The B mark gives the wide range. Converts it into a slant parallelogram mech. Quite simple really :oops: :roll:

Also found this -

http://campybike.com/

The DVD might be useful.

well on closer inspection of my mech, it appears that the threads in the back plate where the lower pulley screw should go aren't there. They've probably been stripped out at some point :evil:

So I need a new lower pulley wheel, and a suitable nut and bolt to hold it in!

can anyone help?

cheers, Andy

Back