I want to confirm my identifications.

bm0p700f

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well I have the oppertunity to buy all these bits but I want to make sure I have idenified them correctly.

They have been in the what it worth thread but no values. I have an idea but still uncertain.
I spent some time on velo base identifying these bits. Tell me if I am correct.

An 1984? Campagnolo Trimpohe rear mech?
P1010021.jpg

1984? Campag Nuovo record cranks? They have stamped on the drive side arm strada 177.5 and a 2 in a circle. Please tell me if I have identified them wrong.
P1010022.jpg

1984? Campag front mech nuovo record?
P1010023.jpg

Campag friction shifters.
P1010025.jpg

Also is this worth anything.
A Vitus 979 Shorter frame. The frame is uncracked but the paint is very flakely.
P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

I'm no expert but the front mech looks like a late 70's super record as Campag had the arms in black to differentiate them from the cheaper record stuff.

The cranks also look like late 70's, not sure why...the 177.5 is quite a long crank for a strada as they were normally shorter and the pista cranks were longer..

Shaun

IOntersting Shaun. I think you are right about the front mech. Found this on velobase
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=36

As for the cranks velobase has this. Look down the page for the comments on 177.5mm crank lengths. but the spider chain ring interface on my cranks looks different to the one on velobase so not nuovo record then.
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=30

Thje cranks look more like these
http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... &AbsPos=42 bloodly hell.

The wheels are the one thing I can identify. Record is engraved over the hubs and rims have the original labels on them.

How much is all this worth?

My rough estimates of what you can expect to get here for these. As ever, you might have a chance of getting higher bids on ebay... You can always do a completed auction search.

Chainset: 2 in a circle indicates 1982. I had 177.5 Strada and still have 177.5 Pista (I have long legs). The chainrings are not original. Condition looks quite nice from the one picture, and the later ones like this are less liable to start to crack (a not uncommon problem). I'd say around £70 ballpark. Some go for silly money on ebay; the long cranks might reduce the market a bit.

Front mech: Super Record. £15-£20 in this condition.

Friction levers: £10 in this condition.

Rear mech: £40? Not so familiar with these.

Frame: no idea, sorry.

Nick

Sorry, just seen you are potentially buying not selling. Should read more carefully. Note about the cranks: if you have a normal size tight geometry frame, you get quite a bit of toe overlap with the front wheel with 177.5 cranks and long feet...
Nick

The cranks in those two Velobase entries are the same - Nouvo Record. Super Record chainsets only differed in the rings. That's what makes the crank/ring interface look different to my eye.

The Super Record front mech could be any date from 1978 onwards. Definitely SR though.

Mark.

Hi,

Yes - the rear mech is a Triomphe (84-85). It's easiest distinguished from its counterpart, Victory, by having a wider tapered pulley cage. Value-wise from a few pounds to about twenty tops tho' prices generally for either groupset's components this last year are on the waaay up. Here's a cracker for about £40:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-Vi ... 2a19ec992a

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Well I have test fitted the cranks to the the bike I intend to use them on and fitted some early 90's clipless pedals and no overlap. The frame you see everything bolted to is the frame I intend to use them on.

Does anyone think that the Vitus frame if given to a metal polisher will polish up fine without any problems. If so I think I will ust buy the whole job lot of frame and parts and one day have an ALAN and a Vitus.

The values given so far chime with what I was thinking.

Bought all the bits, the vitus frame everything.

I will have to post some pics of the Alan, its done now.

Latest posts

Back