Mystery bike - any clues ?

paddy311

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi guys.

I'm hoping that somebody may be able to offer some educated guesses as to the original manufacturer of a bike I have recently bought. The bike is pretty light so I'd guess it is made from some decent tube - but there are no marks or labels anywhere. The rear dropouts are forged suntour jobbies though.

It is a real mishmash of parts, so I will probably break it as parts to sell on ebay (just being open & honest here :) ) UNLESS there is a good reason to keep the bike in one piece that anyone can come up with.

Road bikes aren't my thing really, and being less than 6 feet tall - this bike really isn't for me :oops:

I digress.

In case it may help anyone identify this - here is a list of some parts on the bike:
Brakes: Weinman 605
Front mech: Shimano 600 band-on type
Rear mech: Shimano Altus 45
Chainset: SR Sakae
Hubs: Shimano - unknown model
Rims: Rigida
Pedals: Miche quills with Christophe clips
Handlebars, stem, unknown. Seat, seat-pin, and seat clamp bolt all fairly modern & non-original.

Any info or break it / don't break it views appreciated.

Cheers

Some quick snaps from today:

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0415.jpg

first question must be do you like it and then how does it ride ?

if yes to both why not just enjoy it for what it is a nice bike , that can be upgraded if you wanted to .

i have 2 bikes in my stable that i have no idea who there parents are , but i still enjoy using them .

so go and enjoy

biggs682":2cramb4m said:
first question must be do you like it and then how does it ride ?

if yes to both why not just enjoy it for what it is a nice bike , that can be upgraded if you wanted to .

i have 2 bikes in my stable that i have no idea who there parents are , but i still enjoy using them .

so go and enjoy

Thanks for the reply, but like I said It's not the bike for me due to the frame size & my less than giant stature :)

Thanks Goldie - some nice bikes in your link.

The geometry does look pretty close to the Aerospace 81 in your link.

Back