Finding the year of my Raleigh

A frame number & a (non facebook link) photo will probably get you an answer.

There is tons of Raleigh info on the net tho.

Thanks. I would have posted pics, but being new it wouldn't let me. Have to wait til it comes back from the paint shop then i'l have the code under the bottom bracket.

Where is this information? I done a lot of research before coming here, Raleigh aren't particularly helpful, and i can only find 3 years of catalogues of the decade this was made in.

I'd try starting with Sheldon Brown, Wicki & Bulgier catologs, but there's much more if you want to confirm what you find there.
Google is your friend! ;)

I tried google for about a month, just went round in circles. I don't know what i'm supposed to search for, tried catalogues (can't even find Wicki & Bulgier catologue on Google!), and asked Raleigh who basically said there wasn't a department for my question.

I did find the code thing under the bottom bracket online, bikes been away for a while, and that looks a bit confusing. Just want to go through catalogues and have a definative picture to confirm it :(

Ah, thankyou for the links. I've been on these 2 at some point, and mine isn't in there. This makes me think it's an '85 - '86 model. Weird thing is though, i've never seen a stock Pursuit anywhere, only what's left of them after being modernised.

I'l come back mid-week, should be back then!

Back