Ray or Roy Inkley cycles of Lincoln

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
anybody have any info on the above as all i can find out is that there use there use to be a shop in Lincoln run by the above who was an ex cyclist , just trying to find more info as i can see it looks like some Faggin bike were re labelled as his . did they make there own or bring them in from who ever . i know shop seems to have closed but unsure when and why .

anybody help

It was Ray Inkley as far as I can remember, down at the south end of the main road to Grantham (see edit!). Nice bloke, I used to call in there when I was in the area for work. Doubt if he built his own frames at all. As you say, bought in and re-badged probably from a variety of sources depending on what the customer wanted.

EDIT - thanks to Roadking - it was the NEWARK road :oops:

Ray Inkley

A quick search on this forum reveals he had some frames built by Barron Cycles at Saxilby.
In addition to racing frames,Barron did a nice line in fancy touring type frames with canti-brakes,,,,,,

Ray or Roy Inkwell cycles of Lincoln

biggs682":vgtr8ff5 said:
anybody have any info on the above as all i can find out is that there use there use to be a shop in Lincold run by the above who was an ex cyclist , just trying to find more info as i can see it looks like some Faggin bike were re labelled as his . did they make there own or bring them in from who ever . i know shop seems to have closed but unsure when and why .

anybody help

I knew RAY INKLEY well when he ran the shop, used to buy components from him and I also sponsored Lincoln Wheelers (LW) BITD when Ray was an active cyclist (Vet) in the LW.

Frames were bought in from various trade suppliers.

Shop was on the junction (roundabout) between the High Street, South Park and Newark Road opposite the Peugeot dealer.

Joey McLoughlin rode Inkley badged frames (BITD) he was good friend of Rays.

Roadking.

Re: Ray Inkley

colnagokid":p86zugn2 said:
A quick search on this forum reveals he had some frames built by Barron Cycles at Saxilby.

I was thinking this but as I wasn't totally sure I didn't want to say. Barron were very nice frames.

Its near Saxilby. We passed it last year riding towards gainsborough on the way home from the lincoln GP

Back