2012 l'erocia - registered

gmac123

MacRetro Rider
well all,

registered and made payment on the morning of 1st of March. Here's hoping.

I was wondering -

if there's any retro-bikers out there intending on 2012 participation?

for those that have participated in the past, do you know how long they take to confirm the list of participants?

with thoughts not turning to practicalities what advice is there in the forum regarding travel, airports, accommodation etc

cheers
g..

I registered and I know a couple more did

I have not yet received a confirmation

Elev12k":1o20zo8u said:
I registered and I know a couple more did

I have not yet received a confirmation

likewise, I'm assuming from what I've read, that we need to go into the site and check the "list of participants" once they have matched the on-line registrations to the payments

Also registered.

I took part in 2010, can't remember how long it took to get confirmation but checked today and the list of participants isn't up yet. Still, 7 months away which should give adequate time to a) get fit; b) sort logistics.

I've done it too :0)

As far as I can make out, they put the list up around April time.... They are Italian, after all!
I think if you did it early, you will be fine.
As for travel, I've booked flights and a car with BA from gatwick to bologna ( easy 2 hour drive down apparently) for £185..... You don't have to pay for your bike though, so it works out cheaper than the budget airlines.
I'll be camping, to keep costs down, and leaving my stuff in the car for safety.... It will also have a charger socket for my iPad!
I'm doing the 205...... I've been trying to get in for the last 3 years, but haven't been organised enough..... This time I'm going for it and am really looking forward to it!

well with registration now confirmed thoughts turn to bikes and flights..

on the flights subject, pisa, bologna & florence look to be closest destination, anyone got any advice / recommendations.

also one of my party may be limited to travelling on saturday!?! not arriving until late. from the rules pdf it does look like you can sign on/collect number on the sunday morning. has anyone signed on the morning of the event?

Ed ad I flew into Pisa in 2010 via Easyjet and it's a couple of hours drive down to Siena/Giaole. We stayed at a campsite in Siena (sienacamping.com) which has very reasonably priced static caravans as well as an excellent on-site restaurant. Organisation is very relaxed and shouldn't expect any problems signing on on the morning. Sadly, my Olympic volunteering commitments mean I don't have enough holiday left for this year - My Gios still wears it's Tuscan dirt with pride.

thanks monty, the accommodation is getting looked into, seems reasonable.

go luck with the olympics :)

James, Mel and I are booked in at Siena Camping from Friday to Sunday night inclusive so if you end up there it'll be really simple to meet up.

ededwards":3r5i6ifc said:
James, Mel and I are booked in at Siena Camping from Friday to Sunday night inclusive so if you end up there it'll be really simple to meet up.

done, arrive Saturday late morning in Pisa (not ideal, wanted to get there on Friday, however direct flights and fellow travellers schedules did not permit) hire car, drive down (~2hrs).

staying at Sienna Camping, leaving Tuesday morning. accom' looks good, gives a short warm up on saturday down to Giolle to see the sights and sign on.

may be manage a few post event biers on Sunday and see abit of the local on Monday.

now to get the bike ready :)

Back