Colnago 'pro' frame?

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
I've recently picked up this '96 Colnago tecnos decor frame and think it may have had some history. The paintwork is crazy (f**king hideous in my wifes words :LOL: ) but I love the craziness, it will take careful consideration of seat and bar tape (probably black) to not turn it into an eyesore!! already purchased some correct chrome forks.

colnagodecor.jpg

ebay016.jpg

non standard sticker on seatube, google search for bollen shows a dutch racing team!

ebay017.jpg

would this have been the tab to attach a racing number?

Would a pro or aspiring amateur have had this made up maybe?[/img]

Thanks, hopefully all together well in time for the london to brighton bike ride in June.

Nice frame :cool:

Dutch team? Could be, but to me the flag looks like a Belgian flag ...and Diepenbeek is in Belgium.

The tab is for a number indeed.

I completely understand your enthousiasm for Colnago, but could you please resize your avatar a little. If I expressed my enthousiasm for Presto through my avatar it would be screenfilling :shock: ...and nobody would appreciate it.

Overhere the lbs sticks a decal on the frame to inform you where the cyclist gets his bike related stuff from.

Apparently the shop has a team or supports a team. The team under the link is Belgian I would think.

Nice frame, though I think I might have to side with your wife on the colour scheme...

Apologies for the slight hijack, but does anyone know how often Colnago supplied frames with race number bosses brazed on like this one? They seem pretty uncommon to me, but was it only for team bikes, or could they be ordered for anyone? I have a brazed on boss on my 82 Super, and would love to know how likely it is to have been a team frame.

Nick

Very pretty

Nice frame - even looks my size.
I might be tempted to come over from Kemptown and nab it, if I can work out where that view is.
I would only expect to see a race number peg on a team frame or a custom build.
I had a colnago super many years ago, but have switched allegiances to merckx now..
Looking forward to seeing the build..

I have a bike that says A. Bollen on the top tube, so I will make a pic of it and do some more research :)

Apparently Albert Bollen used to be a mechanic as a hobby and side-job and also was an amateur cyclist. (he first worked at the Belgian Rail Company)

After some time he started a bike shop. My source also tells me that he was a mechanic at several big biketours, but doesnt speficy which ones..

In 1995 his son "Erwin" took over the shop and was a professional cyclist in 1999 for 1 year..

In 2004 Erwin Bollen founded "Bollini Cycling Team" ...

Back