Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:47 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:31 pm 
Retro Guru

Iwasgoodonce wrote:
The beer was excellent! Just finishing it off and it is still good!

youre welcome! to some we are the fifth emergency service :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm 
Retro Guru

ededwards wrote:
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

You would be more than welcome to run something from the brewery. Could get 40 - 50 miles (more at a push) of mostly country / rural lanes in comfortably, plus as one very old timer kindly pointed out to me recently 'young man, there are NO hills in Warwickshire' :lol:

I'd be glad to help with any organising as well. The only restrictions on dates would be May is already a write off!

Karl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:23 pm 
Pumpy's Bear
Pumpy's Bear

grumpycommuter wrote:
ededwards wrote:
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

You would be more than welcome to run something from the brewery. Could get 40 - 50 miles (more at a push) of mostly country / rural lanes in comfortably, plus as one very old timer kindly pointed out to me recently 'young man, there are NO hills in Warwickshire' :lol:

I'd be glad to help with any organising as well. The only restrictions on dates would be May is already a write off!

Karl

That sounds great Karl, I'll be in touch and let's see if we can sort out a date.

Cheers

Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 pm 
Retro Guru

Doing the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride on Feb 26th. Ideal for older 'higher' geared bikes as it's fairly flat.

http://www.dinningtonrc.co.uk/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:53 pm 
Retro Guru

vivelesalpes wrote:
Doing the Tom Simpson Memorial Ride on Feb 26th. Ideal for older 'higher' geared bikes as it's fairly flat.

That's pretty close to my mum and dads' in the mighty Sheffield - can anyone roll up and join in? I could be tempted...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
Retro Guru

Goldie wrote:
vivelesalpes wrote:

That's pretty close to my mum and dads' in the mighty Sheffield - can anyone roll up and join in? I could be tempted...

Yes, if memory serves me right, it's enter on the line. (Which is handy if the weather's pants).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:52 am 
Retro Guru

I am well up for the cycle island and anything else in the Hampshire area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:43 pm 
rider | rBoTM Winner
rider | rBoTM Winner

Goldie wrote:
vivelesalpes wrote:

Same day as the possible 'Old Skool' 10 at Brotherton. I don't see many 'classic' bikes in the field of riders and, knowing some of the faces on show in 2011 at least, it'll be pretty fierce out on the road!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm 
Retro Guru

Goldie wrote:
vivelesalpes wrote:

no doubt our club will send a contingent again, I might be tempted myself, but it would be on modern bike. If you fancy it, you could ride out with our club from the centre of sheffield - they'll more than look after you, whether I'm there or not. But riding there and back plus the tommy itself is a 100 miler. I'll confirm if anyone is riding later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:23 pm 
Retro Guru

pigman wrote:
Goldie wrote:
vivelesalpes wrote:

no doubt our club will send a contingent again, I might be tempted myself, but it would be on modern bike. If you fancy it, you could ride out with our club from the centre of sheffield - they'll more than look after you, whether I'm there or not. But riding there and back plus the tommy itself is a 100 miler. I'll confirm if anyone is riding later

I think there's rumours that one or two from La Squadra doing it. If the roads look a bit grubby, I'll be on my new bike. If it's nice it will be on an old one.

I'm driving over as my wifes dad was from Harworth and went to school with Tom Simpson, so she wants a nozy around the 'museum'. (Plus she wants to go to the Yorkshire Outlet which I think is the real reason)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next