Retro Road Rides - any interest?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

I'm interested, there are 2 of us doing the Hell of the Ashdown in Febuary in Retrobike colours, may I be as bold as to suggest http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/ on May 6th. I have also had a idea to do a 'Hell of the South' ride for a few years mixed Tarmac and track in a Paris Roubaix style.

I think I actually prefer road bikes. However, on the road I think the differences in fitness would show more and perhaps be more of an issue? I speak as an old fat man so am more than willing to be proved wrong!

A nice loop with bailout options would be great though.

TheGreenRabbit":33oo2ylg said:
I'm interested, there are 2 of us doing the Hell of the Ashdown in Febuary in Retrobike colours, may I be as bold as to suggest http://www.cycleisland.co.uk/ on May 6th. I have also had a idea to do a 'Hell of the South' ride for a few years mixed Tarmac and track in a Paris Roubaix style.

Good stuff would be great to read a write up afterwards.

Iwasgoodonce":33oo2ylg said:
I think I actually prefer road bikes. However, on the road I think the differences in fitness would show more and perhaps be more of an issue? I speak as an old fat man so am more than willing to be proved wrong!

I agree about the differences in speed being more evident on the road although at the Herefordshire Road Ride in 2010 and 2011 we didn't have any difficulty keeping a small group together.

Also agree about the bail out options - if we target a sportive or two there is typically a shorter route that can be taken if weather/fitness/bike requires.

annoyed that I missed the Hereford ride so would gladly welcome a few road meets. Organised my own 2010 ride but suffered a mechanical which left only 2 speeds and a shortened ride.

I am keen ...Never done a real sportive either and pledge nevadasmith too :LOL:

Iwasgoodonce":3gd820ch said:

I've seen a lot fatter :LOL: How did you get on with your beer?

ededwards":3gd820ch said:
Just wondering whether there is amy interest in some retro road rides in 2012? Not thinking anything too ambitious, perhaps target an early and late season sportive plus the Herefordshire Road Ride in July - but is there a critical mass or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thoughts/suggestions would be more than welcome.

Will there be any beer involved or is it going to be cake and espresso?

Back