Identification track frame

Ingemann

Retro Newbie
Hi

I need help with the id of this track bike frame. Its mounted with Flandria decals, but its proberly not the case.

The drop outs are Campagnolo drilled, the is a number under the BB: 8047.

The lugs are very caracteristisc - with a crown like shape.

The frame has following features:

11122011489.jpg

11122011490.jpg

11122011491.jpg

11122011488.jpg

Hope you can help,

Lars

looks like a kessels.. I have one like that, mine is a main d'or..

But Kessels had many different brands... most known are the 'Eddy Merckx' bikes, made in the kessels workshop from 1971 until 1976..

I am absolutely sure that it is a frame built by Umberto MARNATI he built bikes also for Team Flandria.
But I think this is a bike of the 80 in the Benotto champagne livery,
as he built the team bike to San Giacomo- Benotto team.
Flandria brand, could be applied, at a time by the owner following
I am a great friend of Daniele Marnati, UMBERTO son, who is also my framebuilder.
if you were interested to sell or trade this bike, I would be very interested in purchasing.

Ingemann":1oqhsoo2 said:
Hi

I need help with the id of this track bike frame. Its mounted with Flandria decals, but its proberly not the case.

The drop outs are Campagnolo drilled, the is a number under the BB: 8047.

The lugs are very caracteristisc - with a crown like shape.

The frame has following features:

11122011489.jpg

11122011490.jpg

11122011491.jpg

11122011488.jpg

Hope you can help,

Lars

Umberto Marnati

Hi,
The frame is a Umberto Marnati, you can tell by his signature: the two holes on bb shell, and his particular logo cut in the lugs.

Umberto Marnati and 'Lupo' Mascheroni (both from Milano, Italy) were the 2 master frame builders in the Legnano Reparto Corse frame building.

In 1972 Mascheroni built the frames for the DREHER pro team

Umberto Marnati has been also Fausto Coppi's mechanic together with "Pinella Pinza d'oro" .

Umberto Marnati has been a frame builder for many pros and for the Benotto team. In 1970 he built frames for the Salvarani Team, bikes labeled Chiorda, but made by Marnati, 2 holes under bb shell). He also built frames for Francesco Moser, and for many champions in the past.

He is one of the greatest 'not famous' names, like Masheroni and Pela' (he built Fausto Coppi's frames).

Pela', Confente (who really built and welded Eddy's frames) , Francesco Galmozzi, Umberto Marnati, 'Lupo' Mascheroni' were the ones really cutting, welding, filing, brazing and creating art piece frames.

All the others got the glory.

Hi Stefano,

thank You, but I did not get your pics.

I have a 1968 Marnati (all early NR) original paint, it's my favorite bike.

have a nice day,
ciao

Back