PEARSON - Is it worth anything?

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi there, sorry to intrude here guys, I'm truly a Mountain Biker, but got my interest in cycling from my dad who has a pink PEARSON road bike. He is almost 60 and finds the geometry doesn't suit his riding style any more.

I know nothing about these bikes so said I would try to find out what I could. Hopefully he can take some photos soon. I remember it has Reynolds tubing with Campy drop outs, and mostly Campy stuff apart from the Shimano 105 Calipers which I assume were added on by the previous owner at a later date as they look too new.

Any info or advice would be apreciated. He may well want to sell, or swap for a road bike with more "relaxed" angles!

Cheers
Tim

Difficult to say without more details (for example what Campag groupset? what Reynolds tubing?) or a photo. You may get most by splitting it or advertsing it as a fixed conversion project (I take it the dropouts are semi-horizontal?).

Pearsons are nice enough but in general unless the tubing is 753 (or possibly 531 Pro) or the groupset Record you probably aren't sitting on a goldmine.

Please note that I may not have the slightest clue what I'm on about.

Back