Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:39 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 am 
Retro Guru

Looks very middle 90s the frame. Look forward to seeing this develop. Will pull up chair and cuppa tea :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:59 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Yes, I didn't think it looked *really* old and given new steel frames from Daccordi cost about 1400EUR only using Columbus SL, I'm quite pleased with my purchase....

Slowly making progress, the brakes arrived and I just screwed them on....they provide different length bolts in the box to fit your forks....cost £24.95

Didn't think I would have so much trouble with seatposts, but how hard is it to find a decent priced silver alloy seatpost without buying some NOS camapg record off Ebay for some ridiculous price. In the end I found one on the Brother Cycles website - they are known for their fixed frames but this post has a nice retro feel to it and only £20!

Here is the complete bike so far:

Wheels have been dispatched today so hopefully might get them tomorrow as they have already been delayed due to some problem with the original Ambrosio hubs.

Total cost so far: £422.01

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:03 am 
Old School Grand Master

http://www.brothercycles.com/store

Nice find on the seatpost :) silly question but will a 1970 / 80 saddle rails fit...looks good in black

Shaun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:23 am 
Dirt Disciple

I am planning to fit my favourite saddle - a charge spoon, when they are back in stock....as I said this is going to be modern retro so not too worried about a period saddle...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:52 am 
Retro Guru

That looks like a Genetic Heritage seatpin - I got one for my main bike earlier this year. It's been great, very secure and goes well with the silver Campag stuff. The only thing about it is the finish does mark quite easily where my tool bag straps on. I should clean my bike more often!

I was pleased when Campag went back to normal brakes for Veloce, those skeleton ones must be a nightmare to keep clean.

The bike's looking good so far.

Mark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:32 am 
Retro Guru

What a nice bike. Following this thread with pleasure! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:40 pm 
Retro Guru

seen this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIKE-ROAD-DACCORDI-MITICO-COLUMBUS-EL-GROUP-CAMPAGNOLO-C-RECORD-VINTAGE-/200679848881?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb9737bb1

Love my Daccordi, even if it is a bit small, pretty sure yours will ride nice.

Attachments:
dac2.JPG
dac2.JPG [ 171.65 KiB | Viewed 1643 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Very classy build so far! Those new Campagnolo alloy groups sure look great on oldish frames.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:34 am 
Dirt Disciple

So my wheels arrived:

Mavic Open Pro rims on Ambrosio Zenith hubs. The latter are unbranded but I have a feeling all the Zenith range are. Anyway seem nice quality and nice and silver to go with the rest of the look.

No rim tape so bought some from my LBS:

Easy enough to fit as this is just a continuous band which you stretch over the wheel and into the gulley or whatever you call it.

Starting to look more like a bike now:

BTW not that impressed with the quality of the veloce cassette - metal looks a bit cheap compared to the Shimano 105 on my other bike and the Shimano cassettes are about the same price but include the lockring whereas Campag charge you extra! I need to do some maths for the running total so will update later, but the wheels were £180.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:54 am 
Dirt Disciple

Jcymbal - thanks for the comments. It was your Gazelle thread that inspired me to do this one and put in the detail of how the build progressed.

Pondlife - yes saw that when it was first listed. Looks a pretty good price - you could buy it and sell off the Campag delta brakes to recoup a good portion of the price I think!

Nice to see the Daccordi fans coming out of the woodwork.....I can't wait to ride this and see how it compares with my Alu/Carbon Colnago - somewhat different I guess! But with all the mud on the roads at the moment round here it might be a few months yet!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next