First Project - Daccordi Mitico

coggav

Dirt Disciple
Been lurking for a while but decided to join the fun by showing my first project, hopefully in some detail that might be of interest. I purchased the frame below off Ebay for £218, a Daccordi Mitico with Columbus EL tubing. It has some scratches but nothing too serious and not worth respraying as it has some rather nice lace work.....

The fork steerer tube is rather long so I presume this has been used previously with some sort of threadless headset....this will need some work from my LBS as I do not have the tools or confidence to cut down a steerer tube.

And here are the photos....

main.php

main.php

So next step is to get a headset fitted by my LBS, so I bought this from Parker International for £42.95

main.php

main.php

Total cost so far: £260.95

So off to my LBS in Colchester....Cytech approved FWIW...but a good bunch of guys who seem happy to do the necessary including cutting the steerer tube.

main.php

Sorry about the crap photo, but here is the frameset with headset installed....

main.php

Cost £11.95. Total cost £272.90 so far.

I am doing a modern retro with a mix of Campag compnents without spending a fortune...
So next step is the outboard bearing cups. The instructions say that you should use Loctite 222 but according to my LBS the yellow stuff on the threads is Loctite already, so they just advised using some lithium grease to ease the process. I already have the necessary tool which I use on the Hollowtech bearings on my Colnago. Italian threaded so both screw in clockwise:

main.php

and here is one side installed:

main.php

Cost for the Campag Record bearing cups: £17.50. Total so far: 290.85

Good to see another Daccordi on the forum. That was a good price for an EL frameset. I'm surprised I missed it - was it a recent purchase?
Top choice of headset too, I bought the same thing from Parkers for my Daccordi! Glad I'm not the only one going from threadless back to good old threaded.

Looking forward to the rest of the build thread, I might have to put the costs on mine when I update it but then again I wouldn't want to put off any potential new retro-bikers!

Mark.

Thanks Mark....

I just bought it a couple of weeks ago...it had not been bought first time round and then the seller relisted it on a BIN and I watched it for a couple of days doing some research especially on Columbus EL and thought it seemed like a good price. As I said it has some scratches but the paint other wise is really nice, so I am holding off respraying it for the moment. Any ideas when this frame is from - I'm guessing late 80's early 90's.

OK, on with the build..

Here is the drive side crankset - Campag Centaur UT, from Ribble £55.96. A firm shove pushes it through the outboard bearing...

main.php

And the other crankarm, remember to take the connecting screw off first, doh!

main.php

Here is the tool you need for the connecting screw between the 2 axle parts, it's just a glorified allen key but cost £10.50

main.php

and with the screw...

main.php

And now using a wrench to tighten the screw to bring the two halves together....

main.php

Next on with the front derailleur. It's braze on so just a matter of screwing it on and lining it up with the chainrings. Will need some fine tuning once the cable is attached no doubt.

main.php

Here we are so far, with non-essential bottle cage added!

main.php

Sorry forgot the costs....Front Mech was £19.75, so running total is £377.06...and the expensive components still to come!

Back