Klein Stage Comp T (1998)

mauricer

Senior Retro Guru
Hi there,

i treated myself with this lovely frame this week

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=013

It is in a truely great condition, i would say nearly as new, no scratches or marks at all.

As i plan to use it everday and on some longer tours, i'm currently looking into collecting some more up to date parts for it, such as a Dura Ace group and some Mavic or Bontrager Wheels. So more of a hybrid than a classic retro bike.

I'm a bit unsure about the headset though. I know this is a 1" size, but am i able to use all modern headsets like e.g. Chris King on this? And regarding the stem and the handlebar, could anyone give me a recommendations on this?

Thanks a lot in advance

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice buy. That will be a threaded headset by the look of it in the picture. For quality peace of kit like that i'd go for WCS Ritchey stem.
Hope you will be posting pictures when complete :D

steerer?

thx. i will surely post the pics soon. does the stem sit right above headset? to me it looks like the steerer is really short?

It would be a shame not to use the original fork . Just get a nice quill stem , plenty still about for road bikes .

i agree, especially as it is in such a great condition. you know any top class quill stems? I'm very much new to this, so am keen on getting good material.

thanks so far to everyone for helping out with information

I ll go for a Syncross to match the frame .

Otherwise , 3t , Colnago etc..., but wont look so nice on a non italian frame .

Back