Slow 1970's Bob Jackson rebuild

Midlife

Retro Wizard
Hi

I posted a litte while ago to say hello but here's the official slow thread about putting my 1970's Bob Jackson back on the road.

It did a few time trials but was put in storage along with my road bike in 1978 having got rid of my track bike :(

a4bzt3.jpg

I could have put my Falcon back together but it's a little less inspiring to ride.. so here's the BJ in original paint with no dents but a few paint knocks.. heading for a re-spray and chrome :D

2s6as79.jpg

v8mnfn.jpg

2ez6wrk.jpg

The wheels I have left are Campag LF QR on Fiamme....solid as a rock but need some attention.. new rims :)

novbld.jpg

And finally some of the smaller bits.....a set of Campag brakes and levers, a set of Dura ace Brakesand levers, Weinmann 500 brakes drilled to within an inch of their life, bottom brackets, tools, screws, Cinelli Giro D'itallia bars and a black anodised stem...

25kr42o.jpg

Lets see how it goes over the winter..... :)

Cheers

Shaun

bob jackson

Looks nice geometry for a big bike, shows the skill of the builder to get it looking right in these sizes, I am quite a tall lad and some bikes just look wrong. I have a couple of 25" custom frames one looks great the other .... well :? I have seen bigger frames with dropped tt and brace tubes to reduce flex but they never look right. You are lucky that you Bob jackson rides nice without these additions. The lugs look quite long so maybe this helps stiffen the frame a bit. Good parts selection by the builder!

Shaun, I've sent you an interesting PM about this. Not going to say anything until you've read it and reacted ;)

Old Ned seems to have tracked down the original frame builder....... Miracles do happen :D

Shaun

Midlife":3h4duvun said:
Old Ned seems to have tracked down the original frame builder....... Miracles do happen :D

Shaun

Just call me Sherlock.

Or is it Shylock?

Back