Things of beauty

Go for it Ed! That Colnago is nice..... I've resisted getting one of those for years.....resistance is futile......

Kev

That 'Colnago' is pure SEX so much more than eye candy :shock: :cool:
Nearly makes me want to be a roadie ;) :LOL:

Been resisting the urge with Colnago for years because of the poncy paintwork.... And then they ruined the Master completely with carbon chainstays. At last they've see sense!! That is a classic...

But owning a Gios, a Wilier, a Rossin, a De Rosa and an Alan already, and probably at some point being forced to own a Pinarello (the perils of working for a distributor), it's not so hard to resist....

And that De Rosa... it's having an identity crisis IMHO..... Mixing C-Record and 9-speed Record Titanium, with carbon and a-head.... It's a crime and shouldn't be allowed...

A Gios I found one of the nicest bikes on a bikeshow overhere in Holland 2 weeks ago

pro500.jpg

Not present at the show, but also very nice :

T_supercorsa_zoom_06.jpg

I knew of a full build Cinelli like the one above for sale recently - gone now though.

The Neo Primato I really liked was Molteni orange with steel (ahead) forks but I couldn't seem to find a picture of one. The real peach though was NOS Merckx SLX in the same orange - could have had it but didn't, idiot squared!

Oh, and just to confuse me more I've got my eye on a Bianchi badged, celeste Alan with Delta Record - an extension to both credit facilities and shed looks likely.

ededwards ... question for you ... i have a c-rec group that needs a frame. what 88-92 frame would you find? should be desireable, respectable classic, available in a 47-48cm, but not so obscure it takes forever to find.

thoughts? cinelli? mercyx? specific models?

i've also considered road frames by mtb buiders (bontrager, mantis, klein or fat) but they so rarely show up much less in smaller sizes.

Back