Guerciotti Record

ride

my friend has one of the ones from planet x, he really rates it , he thinks it rides the best of all his steel and he has some really classy bikes.He did the tour of flanders on it

Re: ride

pullingteeth":rdkjrse6 said:
my friend has one of the ones from planet x, he really rates it , he thinks it rides the best of all his steel and he has some really classy bikes.He did the tour of flanders on it

i read that as he really hates it, so then my head hurt when i read the rest of it and it didn't compute. :LOL:

bikenut2010 said:
Anyone built / ridden a Guerciotti record? feedback? :

If the lugs are pinned it will have probably have been built by A MONDONICO in which case I think you will find it will be one of, if not the best handling/ride of any you have ridden, I know mine was.

Re: ride

pullingteeth":39hl0qzp said:

frame turned up wrong size ( 51 or 52 depending on how you measure sized as 53 )so waiting for correct size now, what are the lugs like on your mates? nice forged or flatted pressed ones that look a bit 'cheap'

Was headset OK mine felt a bit gritty and far from smooth, maybe I got an unlucky one, be keen to see a pic of your pals build?

When I got mine from PlanetX headset also felt gritty, so stripped it down

and found the grease in the head tube and on the headset was covered in

shot blasting grit.

the threads on the fork did not have the vertical slot cut into it , the tab on the headset washer was cut off instead.

the seat tube top lug was out of round so fitting of the seat post was difficult

and there was a few runs in the clear coat.

apart from that its a nice frame set.

sjwall@fmail.co.uk":1mdoozjk said:
When I got mine from PlanetX headset also felt gritty, so stripped it down

and found the grease in the head tube and on the headset was covered in

shot blasting grit.

the threads on the fork did not have the vertical slot cut into it , the tab on the headset washer was cut off instead.

the seat tube top lug was out of round so fitting of the seat post was difficult

and there was a few runs in the clear coat.

apart from that its a nice frame set.

So quality control issues then ;( is a threaded headset without a slot bad news in itself or a sign of costcutting, or is it of no consequence??

Any more info much appreciated before I commit to a build??

Don't get me wrong at £299 the frame is a bargain, the Dura Ace headset retails for £60 to £80 alone,

I was just pointing out thing to watch for

sjwall@fmail.co.uk":3a6jha6y said:
Don't get me wrong at £299 the frame is a bargain, the Dura Ace headset retails for £60 to £80 alone,

I was just pointing out thing to watch for

Sure, and thanks for the heads up :)

Back