rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
I am wondering what they stand for

In terms of...

carftmanship?
exclusivity?

Anyway, they look nice :D (imho)

I seem to remember Masi as being pretty nice but then my memory can be hazy. Any more details or photos?

Classic period for Masi is 50s-60s. Later on were made in USA. There is a whole website dedicated to Masi geekness...

Will post link if I find it again...

The Masi I had my eye on ...is gone :cry:

American made?! :shock: No, you're kidding right? Are you? :?

Will dig myself in the Masi story, so I will be better prepared when the next comes up. Would be great to find that Masi enthousiasts site. Any suggestion for nice sources appriciated.

It´s not correct that all Masi´s were made in the US after the 1960´s, but in early 1970´s Faliero Masi expanded his business from Milano to Carlsbad, California due to the growth in the US market.
Most of the early Masi bikes are indeed very, very nice bikes. Early Masi Special (Italian) Masi Gran Criterium (both Italian and US made) and Masi Prestige (Italian). The Masi story is very interesting and exiting.
You will find much more info if you visit Bob Hovey´s site:

Hmmm... it seems that I can not post links here. But.. if you google Bob Hovey you will find his old site which will take you on to his new one. You will find plenty of Masi-stuff here. Good luck.

More Masi info...

...can be found on:

www.ebykr.com

(use the search on this site)

BUT.... watch out! When you have read the stories and seen some bikes you will find yourself chasing around finding a lugged steel Masi which will fit you :D

Hi Dance,

Thanks for clearifying ...and thanks for the link

The one I spotted looked really nice. Not much later, when it was already sold, I were able to see the bike 'live'. It was one of the nicer bikes in a room crowded with sweet bikes.

Maybe I will have one some day, maybe not.... They're not easy to source

There is a nice Masi Prestige on ebay.com at the moment.
Have a look at item no. 270192767871

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back