campag nuovo record ?

smithchild

Dirt Disciple
Just wondered what type of standard/price level the nuovo record stuff would have been in it's day.

i've got a seven speed rear mech, double front mech, crankset and friction shifters.. look like their from around late eighties/early nineties.

nice looking stuff, i'm hoping to stick it on an old peugeot frame i'm currently stripping down.

i don't know anything about campy stuff, any suggestions as to which shimano groupset it would be roughly comparable to?

Also, looking for a rear hub to take 7 speed campag cassette, not sure of spacing yet, any ideas.

And some bling brakes to go on the completed project..

any advice gratefully received.

anyway, best get back to the nitromorse fumes.

smithchild

Hi,

Above the Nuovo Record there was Super Record (ti bits & with black detailing). Nevertheless Nuovo Record compares with Dura Ace. Campyonly.com mentions 1984 as 1st yr for 7s. By '86 the groupset was replaced.

Interesting sites:

campyonly.com
campybike.com
tuttocampybici.com

Nuovo Record is very classy stuff and as Melvin says was at the same level as Dura Ace (indeed Dura Ace was a very nice Nuovo Record copy!). Will look great on any rebuild.

Oh, and don't call it Campy!

noted.

if calling it 'campy' can offend people, perhaps i'd better think twice before teaming it with shimano grip shifters and spraying the rear-mech pink.

thanks for the info, nearly stuck the lot on ebay, now i'm stuck looking for bits to match.

smithchild":33455enn said:
if calling it 'campy' can offend people, perhaps i'd better think twice before teaming it with shimano grip shifters and spraying the rear-mech pink.

Sorry, the 'Campy' bit is just a personal peeve (I equally dislike Bonty, Spesh etc. - indeed I've started a couple of threads on it!), hope I didn't come over as too grumpy/unfriendly as that definitely wasn't the intention.

Back