latest acquisition...

dookie

Kona Fan
~10yrs old...dunno if that qualifies as retro, but she sure is pretty!

moots.jpg

Lovely.

Wonder if we'll see many carbon frames in such good condition 10 years down the line...

moots

I like those purple decals/paint. It blends in well with the dark titanium.
I was just looking at pictures of Moots products at Interbike and they have a new seatpost coming out that won't be such a bear to get the saddle mounted. Finally! I just about lost my fingers the last time I fiddled with my Moots post.

dookie":7qccplzl said:
~10yrs old...dunno if that qualifies as retro, but it sure is pretty!

Who cares, it's a beaut.

What plans do you have for it .

well it took 3 mins to load the pic on my 56k dial up but it was worth it.

Love thos purple graphics.

And those dropouts...look like something from Metropolis.

:cool:

thanks...she's the new mistress, which is to say 'the everyday ride'. i'm using her as an excuse to strip the scapin (posted here previously) and get some paint work done, so this will wear the ouzo pro and full 1st gen campy chorus 8-speed ergo from that bike.

the only things that won't transfer are the BB (italian there, english here) and the seatpost (29.4 there, 27.2 here). of course, i've already remedied the situation with the acquisition of a phil ti-mag BB and deda carbon post!

as time (and funds) allow, i ultimately plan to move this gruppo back to it's proper italian home and collect something else for the moots...not sure what yet. i have to admit some curiosity about dura-ace, but i've actively avoided shi+mano for so many years...

scapin is now nude, i've been to the LBS to have the headset pressed, and have started the rebuild. photos tomorrow hopefully!

oh, both the green/blue/purple tube tints and the purple logo are anodization...like the ti-dye spokes. not seen another like it.

The Moots will surely look great with just about any kit but very classy with Campag - you might have to use downtube shifters but what about C-Record as the delta brakes would look incredible.

If you go with Shimano then Dura Ace 8 speed is also great looking kit (bar the STIs which to my eyes are monstrous, although this comment is not restricted to Dura Ace 8 speed) with the rear mech and chainset particularly tasty.

Or how about bringing it back up to date with one of the Sram road groups, they look great and appear to be well received in the UK bar the price?

Or source a Mavic SSC groupset, great looking and not seen often so that exclusivity cachet?

If it was me (and sadly it isn't) I think I'd go with a bit of a mix and match of old and new - down tube shifters, Mavic brake calipers, Shimano brake levers, Campag compact chainset, old Campag front and rear mech (Super Record), original Flite etc.

I can but dream

so, there she is (original photo updated). pardon me if i do say so, but...whoa! the muted blues from the scapin bits work beautifully here.

ed, i like the SSC idea! i've always admired the aesthetics of that gruppo...any idea on the function?

but never mind all that...i'm off to ride!

moots_r-hub.jpg

anno by leni fried?

classy!
sorry for the grainy pics, cant find the camera (has better pics saved)

Attachments

• ibike 040.jpg
    ibike 040.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 1,628
  • ibike 041.jpg
    ibike 041.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,628
Back