1990-1992 Klein Quantum?

thasle

Retro Newbie
Hi,
can anyone here help me with identification of my newly bought Klein?
I will try to post pictures later today.

It is red (neonred) with white letters, quantum printed at the front of the toptube. Full Dura Ace 7403/7410. Threaded Sakae fork (Dura Ace headset), ITM Pro handlebar/stem.

Seat, seatpost and wheels are not stock. Framenumber is (K)30E000407 printed under the bottom bracket.

It is the biggest frame I ever rode (I thought my former Caad3 63 cm was big), I measured the toptube to 610. Seattube c-t is almost 660, c-c 610. I am two meters tall so perfect for me.

Frame is in good condition, except for a few scratches and a little bit corrosion around the cable stoppers (bubbles in the coating). The Dura Ace works flawless and the bike rides like a rocket. I had to laugh when I saw the seatstays and enormous rear dropouts. Massive.

Can anyone help me with year (maybe 1991-1992?) and what wheels and saddle/post that came stock on this bike. Tried to search a bit, but could not find any good match. THe Dura Ace might have been retrofitted?

I bought it cheap from a guy in the neighborhood. I was so happy to see the condition it was still in.

Back