Any information on this old Falcon road bike?

r0bbbo

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I recently bought this Falcon road bike as a little project. The plan is to tidy it up, maybe have a go at respraying it and use it to tear around town.

Does anyone know any more information about it? Year it was made etc. The only information on it is a very faded Falcon logo in an italic scripty font. The badge on the front is a falcon's head profile (looks slightly like a stormtrooper from Star Wars). The frame has very nice butting and isn't too heavy. It feels like quite a nice bike, but does need some attention.

Picture attached.

Thanks in advance for any information, also any fix up suggestions are welcome.

Rob

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,089
Get that stem down quick - I bet it's way beyond the safe limit. One hop off the kerb and the thing will pop out of the steerer.

The steel rims suggest it's nothing special and I cannot see a tubing sticker.

But a quick powdercoat and some nicer rims would smarten it up loads.

Thanks hamster, the stem is indeed past the max line. I've not ridden it like that, but I assume whoever owned it before me had it like that for a while :|.

I started to take it apart this evening and everything seems to be in decent shape. The handlebars are covered with surface rust under the tape though, but I'm hopeful it'll come off.

The wheels will need replacing as they're warped and the saddle is a mess so that's going too, but other than that I think it'll turn out pretty well.

It would be nice anyone had a rough idea of the year it was made. I'm curious to know if it's older than me!

Thanks,

Rob

I had one of these I am sure it was called a Victor and sold for about £129.99 around 1989/90, I'm sure it said Victor on the top tube, do you still have it?

Back