LBS

milko

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just booked my bike in to have a new headset and forks installed however when i took the forks in today the young lad in the workshop told me that the thread was wrong on the headset (it isn't) and then started dropping 1 1/8" headsets on it saying this one does not fit either! He then told me that you cant get good quality threaded headsets anymore (WTF!). I think that maybe I should cancel the work and go somewhere else.

You should have laughed and said you can't get the staff either nowadays then asked for someone higher up the tree than him.

Its so frustrating, there are two bike shops in town one which charges the earth due to being in the centre of town and so always having passing trade (plus you have to wait a month to get anything done in the workshop) and then the one I went to which has always been friendly and resonably priced but I have never had any work done by them. Looks like I will have to head down to southampton. Lets just say I would not have liked to be the owner of the 4k trek sitting in the stand that he was tinkering with when I arrived!

I think the lad must have got confused, and thought because they perhaps don't stock any good headsets, then it must mean that they aren't available.
The innocence of youth :eek:

Back