Hello

Derek

Dirt Disciple
All. This is me...

Or at least it was in 1963, aged 14. Sadly, just a tad older now but certainly none the wiser. Found this forum after a Google search cos I'm in need of the usual help in identifying a frame. Thought it might be a Flying Scot but that is now in doubt. I'll start another thread with all the details.

Cheers. :D

Attachments

• speedo 001.jpg
    speedo 001.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 426
Hi Derek, i'm sure your bike is a flying scot, seen one like that on flying scot website, there is a link to it on this forum.

Thanks for the reply Gordy. By a quirk I'm also in W Lothian. Unfortunately for me the bike in the pic was sold somewhere about 1966 when, like most other kids of that era, I got addicted to Lambrettas. I just posted it as a way of breaking the ice, and apologies for not making that clearer.
The frame I have acquired has some of the traditional Scot attributes but not enough to qualify as a genuine Scot. For instance... Most Scot frame nos start with the number then the letter year. Mine has the number D 1 stamped on the BB and also the rear of the fork crown. I have many other details but will start a new thread tomorrow in the appropriate section and hope for good help.

D.

Me and my Dad just rebuilt a 1954 Flying Scot that had been lying in the loft for years and ive built an Alan, we stay in Livingston so if you want to bring your frame over and compare it to my Dads to try and work out what you've got your more than welcome :)

Thanks. I'm in Bathgate and will take you up on your offer. Unable to send pm till I have another couple of posts. I'm still constructing a story for the forum so it will be fairly soon.

Cant seem to upload pics using the forum software. The attachment box sees the path but a preview wont open the pic. Any ideas folks?

Back