First time on a track!

milko

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Going over to Calshot tomorrow never ridden on a track before and I am bricking it slightly! Last time I was over there to watch some guy bust his collarbone :shock:. Any advice (other than keep pedalling)?

wall-of-death.jpg

Calshot is an ace track, rode it about 20 years ago when i was fatser and lighter, i presume that as its your first time you will be with someone who has track experience :?: if so listen to the advice build up the confidence before you go for it. try tio stay on the line and keep peddling :roll:

and also have fun.

it ace

stubbsy :D

Apparently everyone else in my group is a notice so at least I wont be getting beasted by a load of pros!

Have ridden Newport a couple of times. Was quite nervous first outing but it's pretty much ok. Had tuition which was useful.

keep pedalling is fairly good advice :D

Its guaranteed that years of mountain biking will kick in and I will try to rail the corner like a berm with my outside foot down, lock the back wheel and...

Calshot is a very short track with extreme banking. Strangely I found being at the bottom waaay more scary than the top. I think it was the ground rushing past unnaturally close to my ear that did it!

It was great! I found the same about being further up the track. Did not try to freewheel so all was well. It was a blast, I will be doing that again.

Back