New bike help please

alpinestar222

Devout Dirtbag
Hi
This is not really a retro question but I respect the opinions on here so it's as good a place to ask as any. I'm getting a road bike on the "bike to work scheme" and have a budget of £500ish for an entry level racer. The problem I have is the choice is vast :shock: and I don't know the subtle differences in the various brands. I currently ride 3 or 4 nights during the week on the road and offroad at the weekend using my hardtail for all duties, so it makes sense to add a road bike to the stable.
I would be very grateful for any help on this one. We have been told that we have to use Halfords as our supplier but can order any make of bike up to the limit through them.

Thanks

I just googled it , what a lovely bike :D .
As Halfords will be supplying them it should be pretty straightforward to get hold of one of those.
Very good first hit , cheers!

have a look into bikefitting.com as well. its always a good idea to get measured up, & get the bike set up properly.

Thanks for the replies.
I've Had a good look around and through chatting to a few people I'm now planning to buy a Ribble Mirage 0705DR at £525, looks to have a nice level of kit compared to similar priced bikes.
Takes a week or so for the Bike to work paperwork to be sorted but should be on the road pretty soon. :D

Back