Cinelli Supercorsa

kaiser

Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
New frame from Cinelli, how would you build it? Interesting article in the comic about it and the way three different people would spec it. Worth flicking through.

zoom_sueprcorsa_2.jpg

dettaglio_supercorsa_2.jpg
cinelli_supercorsa_ht.jpg

So what would you fit?

Vintage Campag Super Record NOS.

If I could afford it.............................. :cry:

Even if it is a new production it's the only range of equipment that would REALLY set it off.

I agree with Old Ned and it would have to Cinelli quill stem and 'bars, Rolls or Turbo saddle, and definitely period rims.

If someone had to put modern stuff on it Veloce 2011 would be the only choice because it has non-skeleton brakes.

Mark.

Yours Kaiser? Or just thinking about getting one?

Thought Cinelli had produced the supercorsa pretty much uninterrupted since BITD.

Anyhow I'd build with the last generation Record with alloy cranks, mechs and pukka record hubs. A friend has a custom Bertoletti built with similar and it is very sweet.

Apparently the longest running road frame design still in production - hence mine looks oh so similar. Please to see the current SCs are retailing around £1250 for frame and fork, making me rather smug about my 100eu Amsterdam purchase... ;)

John":b6070zlt said:
Yours Kaiser? Or just thinking about getting one?

Thought Cinelli had produced the supercorsa pretty much uninterrupted since BITD.

A lot of Italian makers (Tommasini is another) seem to have at least one old-school steel machine in the stable that's just remained in production for years and evolved over time rather than being a deliberately retro item.

David

Latest posts

Back