Van Herwenden

jm

Senior Retro Guru
Just picked this up and wondered if anyone over her had ever had or ridden one.Came from Belgium and hasn't had much use.Will be kitted out with some super record thats laying around.Will get some pics up when finished.

5712501159_17fecbf850_z.jpg

More pics here.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/45080961@N ... 703687846/

Van Herwerden is a bicycle shop with a long history from The Hague. In the 80s they had many frames made by Zullo (Zullini). Your's is one. Nowadays they own or participate in Duell and Jan van Dalen also builds their frames now. VH is very devoted to steel.

Elev12k":1axe7zph said:
Van Herwerden is a bicycle shop with a long history from The Hague. In the 80s they had many frames made by Zullo (Zullini). Your's is one. Nowadays they own or participate in Duell and Jan van Dalen also builds their frames now. VH is very devoted to steel.

They are actually in Voorburg ;) I used to go there all the time. The Zullini bikes were made by either Chesini or Zullo.

Nice bike. Will look great when finished. The shop in Voorburg was grreat - I used to go there back in 2004 when i lived in Holland. They had EVERYTHING!

Okay, thanks to clearify. I were cycling nearby and came along the shop a while ago. I had no idea that I were in Voorburg actually.

I did own an Herwerden/Zullo at some point. I had stripped it for the Victory parts, but in the end I never found use for them and sold them on too. Finished one bike with NGS, but will only go with the Records now.

It was a nice frame, but it didn't fit in my collection really well.

Elev12k":3gqxmwze said:
Okay, thanks to clearify. I were cycling nearby and came along the shop a while ago. I had no idea that I were in Voorburg actually.

I did own an Herwerden/Zullo at some point. I had stripped it for the Victory parts, but in the end I never found use for them and sold them on too. Finished one bike with NGS, but will only go with the Records now.

It was a nice frame, but it didn't fit in my collection really well.

Zij zijn in de Parkweg in Voorburg. Een km van de oude huis van mijn grootouders. Ik ben bij hun het eerste keer in 1977 geweest.

Zij hadden vroeger ook altijd een "witte pomp", wat ik toch een beetje vreemd vond voor een fietsen winkel (Bestaan witte pompen nog?).

[language=Dutch]Citoyen, al schiet je me lek. Ik gooi mijn Saab altijd vol bij de Tinq snelbediening, maar volgens mij zijn die witte pompen er nog wel hier en daar. Voor NL is het natuurlijk een beetje minder raar dat er pomp bij een fietsenwinkel staat, want grosso modo is een fiets hier immers altijd nog in 1ste instantie, net als een auto, een gebruiksmiddel om van A naar B te komen. Niet een mode artikel of iets om mee te verkondigen dat je links, groen, ecologisch bewust, geitewollensokken of wat dan ook bent. Toch is een pomp bij de rijwielhandel ook hier een zeldzaamheid.

De impressie die mij vagelijk is bijgebleven is dat V. Herwerden niet echt gesitueerd is in een omgeving die doorgaat voor armtierige bedoening, maar ik kan ernaast zitten.[/Dutch]

Pweeh... English again. Let's limit our Dutch input to fine bikes, some other stuff, but not language.

They moved to a new address in the neighbourhood Laan van nieuw Oosteinde 100 - 2274 EK Voorburg. At the old address is now an other LBS Struik which ha also bikeshops in Loosduinen, Rijswijk and The Hague. [Mooie stad agtûh de duine]

Hi Guys
Came across this thread and thought I'd let you guys know that we (Bikesales4u) have just partnered up with Duell (Jan van Dalen and John van Herwenden) to handle their sales, distribution and marketing for Duell steel custom frames for the UK .If anyone wants details, or if I can help with tracing a history of a particular frame please let me know.
Peter

Back