Build advice required

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Seeing Malc's beautiful Raleigh Panasonic in Reader's Bikes has inspired me to get mine back in riding condition (although it'll never be a patch on his gorgeous example).

When I got it a couple of years ago it was a Nuovo Record/Super Record mix. I'm not sure but I think the frame is around 83/84 so the components are the right sort of era. I've attached a photo of when I got the bike which, bar some l'Eroica dust that I am loathe to clean off and a black Rolls, is how it looks now.

For reasons I can't quite explain, I was planning on kitting it out with a Mavic groupset that I have without a home but something is telling me that I should stick with the Campag - thoughts?

The second query is whether I should use some GP4/Record wheels on this or the recently acquired Mercian (also an NR/SR mix) or stick with the real world practicality of clinchers (G40s/Record or MA2s/Record)? If I go with tubs, any recommendations for some training ones that are pretty robust - I don't mind going with 28s.

All suggestions/comments gratefull received - I'm Libran so can't make my mind up at the best of times!

Attachments

• Raleigh.JPG
    Raleigh.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 383
I'd say stick with clinchers if you are going to ride it, tubs were/are for racing or garage queens ;)

Back