New Member - Raleigh Castorama Rep info wanted!!

Matt_wood55

Senior Retro Guru
Hi All

I have just registered on the site.

I am a Raleigh man, and have at present a Castorama 653, a Purple Special Products 653, a Panasonic Team Replica in 531Pro Tubing (rare that one I think and will be sold soon) a Technium MTB (needs renovation) plus a Klein Pulse Comp which could also be sold.

I was after info on the Castorama Rep - it's a bit different than normal 653's as the rear brake cable goes through the top tube, it has Cinelli BB shell and lugs. Frame number is WB8001507. If anyone has any info it would be appreciater

Cheers
Matt

Raleigh

Hi Matt
I dont have any info for you other than to say welcome to the site!
Post some pics as they all sound pretty interesting.

Jamie

Hi Matt,
Internal cable routing was done on some frames made by what was then called Raleigh Lightweight Division, later becomming Raleigh Special Products.

Castorama653.jpg

Let's see some pic's then.

Cheers

Welcome to the Castorama club, did you buy the one off of ebay a few days ago?

Thanks for the replies - as you can (hopefully) see from the pics, the seat stay cluster is different on mine, plus there are no braze ons for front mech or number.......

The Panasonic Team Rep is currently at the mother in laws, and needs converting back from a fixed.

Attachments

• Purple.JPG
    Purple.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,714
  • Klein.JPG
    Klein.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 3,714
  • Cast1.JPG
    Cast1.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,715
  • Cast2.JPG
    Cast2.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 3,714
PS

Yep - I was on Ebay last week. The Shimano groupset will be on its way when I can raise a few pounds for some Campag gear

Welcome! The only info I can give is that it was made in Worksop in the last two weeks of January 1988. I look forward to seeing your Panasonic Team Replica, here's my SBDU 753R:

Attachments

• DSC00185.JPG
    DSC00185.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 3,684
Here's the Team Rep, no other pics. Bought it as a fixed and want to convert it back / sell - it's SB6944 from memory. The Pro Super I don't wantto talk about!!

Attachments

• Bike.JPG
    Bike.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 3,676
  • Bike.JPG
    Bike.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 3,674
RooKilo":2j75vc28 said:
Welcome! The only info I can give is that it was made in Worksop in the last two weeks of January 1988. I look forward to seeing your Panasonic Team Replica, here's my SBDU 753R:

Sorry, but Workosp had closed long before we sponsored the Castorama team. It was made in Nottingham at the Lightweight Division.
:)

Back