two old school road bikes for identification.....

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
hi all.....my brother in law has just dropped these off for me to do a renovation job.....i know nothing about them and would welcome any information on them you can offer......f

P1020568.jpg

P1020570.jpg

P1020569.jpg

P1020562.jpg

P1020567.jpg

P1020566.jpg

P1020565.jpg

P1020571.jpg

P1020564.jpg

P1020563.jpg

thanks all......f

'Barry Hoban' - a brand name used by British Eagle in the 80's. Barry worked for them as a rep after finishing his glory days as a top pro on the continent. Looks like a reasonable MOR bike.

'Jack Taylor' - one of the most respected British frame building names ever, based in the North East. Lots of information on the net, especially on Classic Lightweights website. Their touring bikes - like this one - are especially sought after.

Thanks ned......it was the Taylor that caught my eye, it has some vey intricate fluting in the paint and looks of a lovely quality......the Hoban, as you say, looks a mid ranger. It has some unusual components to my eye too....the xc pro mechs and 105 cranks look newer than the frame.....any idea of year for either?.....

I love the double-box lining on the Jack Taylor frame. A friend rides one and swears by it.

Back