The Next Bike on The List

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
I've now had my 'Buzz' Low profile frame refurbished from the rather dubious condition it was in when I bought it a year or so ago. It had rust, corroded fittings, rough Campag headset and a flaking 'Fluo' finish and at first I was a bit doubtful about bothering with it but Chris Marshall has turned it around and I like the result. I will be building it up with early 90's type equipment, most of which I have, the main requirement is a suitable bottom bracket - but see another thread asking for advice on this.

Headset has been replaced by a NOS Omas 'Big Sliding' that I had.

'Buzz' was a range of frames built in Leeds around 1990'ish by Karl Gomersall. He didn't make many and the brand didn't last long but, even after 20 years, I managed to get a couple of sets of frame transfers from him through a mutual friend.

The frame is built from Reynolds 653 and takes 700c wheels front and rear. I'm not a big fan of odd sized wheel Lo-Pro's, especially 24" front ones, so I'm quite happy with this one. Once it's finished I hope to ride it in some time trials before the end of the season.

More news about the build as time goes on - watch this space!

Attachments

• ResprayedBuzzApril10.1.A.jpg
    ResprayedBuzzApril10.1.A.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 872
I love 24" Low Pro's as they really define a proper Low Pro & looks stylish if put together well with good equipment :cool:

Good Luck on your build

Sorry to say that due to other commitments, a slight lack of determined interest after all - and a severe lack of space - I'm going to have to sell this. I will sell it without the headset though as I have a bike with that needs a replacement and this will fit.

I'll try it on the For Sale section first.

EDIT - I've also just realised when I've measured it that it's probably to small for me anyway!

DOUBLE EDIT!! - now back on track, I'm going to go ahead with it after all.

I used to be indecisive about things like this, but these days I'm still not to sure what to do. :roll:

Back